September 15, 2006
Moms for Modesty
My wife ran across a blog called Everyday Mommy. The author found that marketing and PR firms review "mommy blogs" for trends and opinions. So she started the Moms for Modesty Blog Team in an attempt to effect change by encouraging retailers to "provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish."
Moms for Modesty Mission Statement
* As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
* I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
* I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
* I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
* I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.
Posted by John on September 15, 2006 04:06 PM | Posted to Religion
My own opinion is that I don't need to watch girls develop into women [by that I mean watch their flesh become more like a woman's, I see enough skin (i.e. the wife's) at home thank you very much]. I have enough trouble keeping my eyes off of ads and women I meet at church. I don't need pre-teens and teens wearing inapropriate slogans, cuts, or as little clothing as possible to help me break my covenant with my eyes.